Aug 17, 2018
Scrum Dynamics co-hosts, Neil Benson and Dermot Ryan, discuss
the sprint backlog in this episode (brought to you by Maplytics by Inogic). Topics covered
- What is the sprint backlog and how does it relate to the
- Who is responsible for the sprint backlog and who can change
- How the development team and the product owner negotiate the
contents of the sprint backlog, with the help of the scrum
- The effect of swapping items out of the sprint backlog.
- How to handle capacity issues towards the end of the sprint
when you’re ahead of or behind schedule.
- Using a ‘Definition of Ready’ to ensure that stories selected
for the sprint backlog can be developed into working features
within the sprint.
- Using velocity from recent sprints to forecast capacity for the
upcoming sprint and how to adjust it for team members’
- The types of product backlog items that can go into your sprint
backlog, and whether it’s useful to use tasks to track progress
during a sprint.
- Should we separate out the business value delivered during the
sprint from the velocity delivered during the sprint?
- Using a physical Scrum board or a digital Scrum board, such as
Visual Studio Team Services, and benefits and drawbacks of each,
and the challenge of keeping them in sync if you decide to use
- How to know when a product backlog item is complete at the end
of the sprint, what to do if an item wasn’t finished, and why you
should finish one item before starting another one.
You can find out more about how to apply Scrum to your Dynamics
365 projects with the Introduction to Scrum for Dynamics 365 video
Click here to claim your CRM Audio subscriber discount.